Monday, March 10, 2008

when irish eyes are smiling

Saturday, March 8th

Sara, Matt's sister, came over for brunch in the morning. We had omelette's and sausages. Matt is really good at making breakfast. We found out that Sara has a new boyfriend, Steve, and we can't wait to meet him!

Matt and I were planning on having people over on Sunday to hang out and watch the St. Pat's Day Parade on the Parkway, since we live pretty close the the parade route. Saturday, we were really bored, so we made cookies and I taught Matt how to frost them. We did some Irish flags, shamrocks, Irish phrases. You can probably pick out the ones Matt did. They are the ones that have nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day, namely the tic-tac-toe board and the bullseye.

However, he redeemed himself with the making of his Leprechaun. We were going to throw a lot of cardboard out and I wanted decorations, so we made some eco-friendly decorations out of the cardboard and the leftover green interior paint from my Grad Project. I did some shamrock collages and an Irish poem.






No comments: