Sunday, March 2, 2008

I'll be Bill Murray and you'll be everyone else.

Matt and I saw Be Kind Rewind, the new Michel Gondry movie with Conor and Kristin at the Ritz today. You may know Michel Gondry as the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or The Science of Sleep. I will spare you from writing a boring review of it, not because the movie is boring, but because I'm bad at writing reviews. It was pretty good and funny. It definitely had the typical Gondry bizareness , but still remained humorous and coherent all the way to the end. It had a more industrial and urban feel compared to his other films, but still the same carefully made, DIY quality that I loved about Science of Sleep. All of the props and costumes have a sort of youthful and ramshackle aesthetic. It reminds me of kids getting together and making pretend movies with whatever junk they can dig up, which lends itself to this movie. I enjoyed it. Afterward, we went to Triumph in Old City for some drinks and apps. I'm looking forward to the St. Pat's parade party next weekend.

No comments: