Wednesday, March 5, 2008

oh-so-hi-o


I went home to West Chester to visit Kath and Helen yesterday. Kath and I went to dinner at On the Border on Main Street in Exton. The above picture is from Phoenix, and except for the cactus in front, it could be the one in Exton because they all look the same. The food and margaritas were both disappointing, not that I was expecting great things from a large chain restaurant. I don't understand why people continue to patronize establishments like this, along with TGI Fridays, Applebees, what have you. You might as well spend half the money for the same quality and get fast food or Mexican from a fancy to-go burrito place. I would rather eat at Mexican Post in Philly any day. The food is equivalently priced and much better, and the margaritas are usually perfect. Its a small chain, but you would never know it. Each location has its own personality. The Love Park restaurant is really contemporary with a retro flare and a large outdoor patio which is perfect for happy hour on a beautiful spring or summer afternoon. The original locale in Old City has a slightly different menu and more of a raucous, cantina feel, which reminds me of Ventura's or any other Mexican place in Toledo. Can't wait for drinks and $3 quesadillas on the patio this spring. And if anyone ever comes to Philly, I will take you there.

Then we watched CNN commentary and the Ohio and Texas primary votes come in. This was actually pretty exciting. Everyone thought Obama would get Texas, and maybe Ohio, but Hillary pulled through in the end. The next few weeks are going to be pretty crazy here in Philly. I'm hoping Matt and I can make it out to some campaign events. Maybe I can even get Matt to vote in the primary!

Oh, and seriously watch the video of Bush endorsing McCain. What an idiot. Does he remind anyone else of a bitter high school class president that doesn't want to hand their gavel over or the old Miss America bitterly giving her crown to the new one? I love how he keeps interrupting McCain every time he talks. "I'm focusing on protecting 'mmerica." IDIOT.

No comments: